Safe Harbor Proposes Partnership with Missions, Shelters, and Transitional Housing to provide counseling services to all the men, women, and children in the program
- We offer licensed counselors (LCSW-C or LCPC) on-site to provide clinically-sound mental health services.
- Our counselors bring a vast array of expertise related to treatment of substance abuse, trauma, and mental health issues.
- There is no cost to the Mission, Shelter, or Transitional Housing (we are an in-network provider with Maryland & DC Medicaid).
- We can work with all of the men and women in the program, or just some of them (if they already have mental health counselors that they are currently working with).
- We handle all insurance billing from our national office in Bel Air, MD. Client records are kept electronically—we do not need to store records.
- Our counselors and administrative personnel work closely with the staff in scheduling all sessions.
- Collaboration and Seamless treatment: Our on-site counselors value collaboration with the mission, shelter, or transitional housing staff to ensure high-quality clinical and compassionate treatment.
Steps to Establishing an On-Site Location
STEP 1: Review information packet/email about establishing
a desire for a Safe Harbor Partnership.
STEP 2: Meet with the Director of Community Outreach for a Q&A meeting, and sign Memorandum of Understanding.
STEP 3: Have an initial meeting with your on-site The Care Group at Safe Harbor Counselor, and review program introduction, and intake procedure.
Note: Program Introduction usually consists of staff meeting, introduction letter and brochures for future participants.
STEP 4: Establish monitoring & follow up timetable to assure program is running well.
Kenneth C. Guise
Director of Community Outreach
or call 410-984-9720.
Currently in partnership with:
Central Union Mission (Washington DC)
Helping Up Mission (Baltimore, MD)
Westminster Rescue Mission (Westminster, MD)
Frederick Rescue Mission (Frederick, MD)