ABOUT JORY FISHER
Hard times are good for the soul! I'm grateful for all of the challenges I've encountered including these more significant ones:
I witnessed my mother's lifelong battle with depression and inferiority. After she suffered a stroke in 1997, I was blessed with the opportunity to help care for her for two and a half years before her death. I miss her and my father very much and look forward to a celestial reunion.
I've experienced divorce not once but twice. I'm sure you can imagine how deeply that affected me…
I failed the Virginia bar exam the first time around, a humbling and devastating experience.
And more recently…
I discovered "serendipitously" that I had a congenital heart defect—a hole in my heart nearly the size of a quarter. As I was wheeled into the operating room, just a few days after my 55th birthday, the cardiologist remarked, "God obviously has a plan for your life." Amen! An experience like that makes you think seriously about your beliefs, your priorities, and your legacy. What difference am I called to make? Am I making it?
I'm well aware of how fortunate I am and thank God for His patience, love, guidance, and forgiveness.
Who am I called to be? What am I called to do? Whom am I called to serve? I've pondered these questions since high school. Though the answers don't change, our understanding of them does as we progress through the various stages of our adult life.
Purpose itself is at the root of your being, the very foundation of who you are. It existed before time began and is written in the annals of eternity. It is as much about being as it is about doing—being "in Christ," abiding, and resting and reveling in His presence inside you.
As a Certified True Purpose™ Coach, I've learned that it helps to think of purpose as comprising four separate yet related components.
Our essence is who we are at the core, a quality or energy that we emit into the world whether we are aware of doing so or not. To use my essence as an example: I radiate God's love, joy, and compassion for His creation.
Our blessing is our essence in action – the transformational process we do over and over again. It is the unique way we do who we are. My blessing is to inspire women to find, follow, and fulfill their divine calling.
Our mission is the highest level instruction we receive from God. My mission is to empower women to glorify God through success.
Our message is the wisdom we bring to the world—wisdom we've been given in order to share it with others. It is something we transmit, something that passes from us to them. It is the deepest truth we can share, and it can develop over time.
Essence + Blessing + Mission + Message = Purpose
My message? That each of us is created to serve others and glorify Our Father in Heaven. We have a vacuum in our life—a hole in our heart—that only Jesus can fill. As we understand our need for Him, our connection to Him, and His love for us, we are filled with joy and a God-given desire to serve others sacrificially.
It's no wonder I fondly remember my high school years as a cheerleader. A life skills assessment identified me long ago as "one who infuses new life into individuals or groups while helping, counseling, coaching, and building up their confidence." I deeply value my gift of encouragement as well as the other rich gifts God has blessed me with.
If you're eager to learn why you're here on earth, and how answering God's call can enrich your life, contact me today. I'd love to hear from you.
- Helping Women of Faith
- refresh their vision
- renew their confidence, and
- realize their God-given purpose, passion, and potential
- Helping Women of Faith Discover
- whom they're meant to serve
- how they're meant to make a difference, and
- which endeavors will lead to personal and professional fulfillment
If you long to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others, but aren't sure how to hear God's Voice or answer God's Call, connect with me soon. I'd be happy to show you how to share your gifts and message with clarity, confidence, passion, and joy.
My Personal Background
- Married to David Fisher
- Mother of three daughters (Rebecca, Brett, and Jana Beeson)
- Stepmother of three stepdaughters and one stepson (Katherine, Amanda, Elizabeth, and Benjamin Fisher)
- Reside in Bel Air, MD with my husband Dave and three dogs Chula, Bambino, and Cowboy
My Professional Background
- Founder & President, Jory Fisher & Associates, Inc. (since 2008)
- Certified Career Management Coach
- Certified Professional Christian Coach
- Certified Life Coach
- Certified Health Coach
- Certified True Purpose™ Coach
- Certified Administrator of the Myers-Briggs Type Instrument (MBTI)®
- Certified Trainer for the Daily Marketing Coach
- Professional Certified Coach
- Founding Faculty Member and Former Associate Dean for Career & Professional Development at Liberty University School of Law
- Former Attorney in Fairfax County and Lynchburg, VA
- Former Executive Director of the Child Abuse Prevention Center in Lynchburg, VA and Youth Guidance (a division of Youth for Christ) in Reston, VA
- Former Writer, Translator, and Bilingual Program Specialist for the Federal Government in Washington, D.C.
- Graduate of Southern Methodist University (B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude); Middlebury College (M.A., Spanish), and the University of Virginia (Juris Doctor)
Professional Certified Coach
- Credentialed by the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Successfully completed more than 160 hours of ICF-approved training
- Passed several written and oral examinations
- Documented over 750 hours of coaching
- Completed more than 20 hours of work with a qualified mentor coach
- Submitted letters of reference from distinguished professional coaches (Christopher McCluskey, PCC; Susan Whitcomb, PCC; Chris Holmes, PCC; and Jennifer Britton, PCC)
Certified Life Coach
- Credentialed by the Institute for Life Coach Training (ILCT)
- Successfully completed 60 hours of ICF-approved life coach training
- Passed written and oral examinations demonstrating coaching skills
Certified Professional Christian Coach
- Credentialed by the Christian Coaches Network International (CCNI)
- Successfully completed more than 200 classroom hours from coach training programs recognized by the International Coach Federation
- Experienced more than six months of being coached by a professionally trained coach
- Documented over 1000 hours of coaching clients
- Passed proficiency examination
- Submitted letters of reference from clergy members and distinguished professional coaches.
Christian Coaches Network International is diverse in denominational affiliations within recognized Christian standards. Since 1998, it has been the leading credentialing body in the field of Christian coaching, helping to ensure professional competence and a common standard of excellence and ethics in Christian practice.
Certified Career Management Coach
- Credentialed by The Academies
- Completed 5 hours of work with a qualified mentor coach
- Successfully completed 30 hours of ICF-approved career management training
Certified True Purpose™ Coach
- Became ninth member of an elite group of coaches whose proficiency is thoroughly tested by the True Purpose Institute
- Successfully completed demanding certification process in 18 months
Certified Health Coach
- Certified by Take Shape for Life in partnership with the MacDonald Center for Obesity Prevention and Education and Villanova University College of Nursing
- Coaching program focused on creating optimal health by integrating healthy habits into our life and choosing to take charge of our health for the long term
Daily Marketing Coach Certified Trainer
The Daily Marketing Coach (DMC) program helps business owners get RESULTS–> results that significantly and positively affect their bank accounts. Daily Marketing Coach Certified Trainers must successfully complete the participation and performance requirements of the Certification Program. Jory has:
- Regularly assisted members and leaders of the DMC online community
- Continually attracted a high level of "sign-ups" into the DMC training and mentorship platform
- Created a profitable business online by attracting numerous clients to her coaching and mentoring services
Certified MBTI Practitioner
- Certified to administer the MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Instrument)
- Trained in the ethical and effective use of the MBTI assessment
- Successfully completed certification program including written exam
Faculty, Professional Christian Coaching Institute
- Teaches Ethical Practice and Risk Management for Coaches
- Teaches Group Coaching for Coaches
- If you're interested in coach training for yourself, visit www.ProfessionalChristianCoaching.com or contact Jory directly to get started.