EMOTIONAL WELLNESS FOR FAMILY CAREGIVERS
A Wholistic Team Approach
Presented by Safe Harbor Christian Counseling, Family Restoration & Healing Center, and City of Hope International Worship Centre
Are you a family caregiver looking for emotional wellness and resources to assist with your caregiving? If yes, this workshop is for you!
Exhibits and giveaways will be available from vendors who provide valuable support and resources to caregivers.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Lunch is provided. Seating is limited.
WHEN: Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 12:00 noon to 3:00 pm
(resources and exhibit tables open at 11:30 am)
WHERE: City of Hope International Worship Centre
9033 Red Branch Rd, Columbia, MD 21045
WHO: This workshop is for family caregivers of seniors, seniors, ministers, professional caregivers, social workers, and anyone interested in the emotional wellness of family caregivers of seniors.
WHY: Many seniors will depend on family and friends as their primary source of long-term care. This workshop will empower caregivers with strategies for emotional wellness and strengthening of family relationships.
- Learn skills for reducing stress, healing family relationships, and maintaining emotional wellness
- Find renewed hope and inspiration to provide better care for seniors as well as self care
- Feel empowered with a new sense of control
All participants will:
- Gain a new perspective on the senior and family caregiver needs and experience
- Learn coping strategies to share with seniors and their families and for their own challenges
- Feel a renewed sense of purpose
- Emotional wellness, Resilience and Coping Skills for Caregivers of Seniors
- Case Discussion: Healing wounded family relationships and coping with estrangement
- Emotions that Trigger Illness and Chronic Pain
- Foods & Body Movements that Heal Emotions
- 'Ask the Expert' Panel Discussion - clinician, counselor, lawyer, social worker, pastor
2.5 Category I CEU's – for social workers in Maryland
Call Erik Sundquist, Founder and Director, Safe Harbor Christian Counseling at