EATING DISORDERS TREATMENT WORKSHOP
An Interactive Workshop for licensed counselors and social workers; womens ministry leaders, youth ministry leaders, pastors, lay leaders, and interested individuals.
- 3 Category I CEU's – for social workers in Maryland
- 3 Category A CEU's – for professional counselors in Maryland
- Understanding how the framework of a bio-psycho-social model informs the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of eating disorders.
- Application of the assessment tools and pertinent treatment interventions in providers' clinical settings.
- Incorporate the constructs of the bio-psycho-social model in an experiential opportunity to assess a case in an interactive dialogue with facilitator.
This workshop will be instructed by:
Mary S. Pabst, LCSW-C
Mary has spent the last 30 years working in the field of eating disorders awareness, prevention, and education. She has been a frequent lecturer and consultant to schools, universities and community organizations both regionally and nationally on issues related to eating disorders, body image and social gender bias. She has presented numerous times at The National Eating Disorders Association and The Renfrew Center Foundation conferences on issues related to the field of eating disorders, and she has been a contributing writer to journals in the field. "Over the years, I have learned that eating disorders are deadly serious, co-morbidly complex, and one of the most challenging of the mental illnesses to treat. It has been an extremely humbling journey."
If your church or organization is interested in hosting this event, please contact Erik Sundquist, Founder and Director, Safe Harbor Christian Counseling to discuss date and cost. You may fill out our contact form below (*fields in bold are required)
or call Erik at 1-800-305-2089 x227.