DEPRESSION AND THE ELDERLY:
A WHOLISTIC APPROACH FOR HEALING
Sponsored by Safe Harbor Christian Counseling
Family Restoration & Healing Center & City of Hope International Worship Centre
When: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Where: City of Hope International Worship Centre, 9033 Red Branch Road, Columbia, Maryland
Cost: $35 for CEU Credits
3 Category I CEU's – for social workers in Maryland
3 Category A CEU's – for professional counselors in Maryland
Free: for Safe Harbor Counselors and interested others
of Restoration Empowering Services
View Chanda's CV
of Safe Harbor Christian Counseling
Who Should Attend? - This workshop is intended for mental health professionals, counselors, mediators, clergy, social workers, family caregivers, and other interested persons.
Participants will increase their understanding of depression in older adults and its impact on society; and identify strategies for earlier detection, intervention, treatment, and healing.
After attending this workshop, you will have a better understanding of:
- Risk factors and scope of the issue: understand why this is an important disparity group; know the impact of elderly depression on society and the family
- Symptoms, types, and causes of depression: understand the disease; identify strategies for early detection in the elderly
- Things every family caregiver & supporter of seniors should know: caregivers / supporters will learn to prevent their own depression and help loved ones get needed help
- Self Care Options: identify strategies for immediate self care
- Professional Treatment Options: understand the various treatment options available to the elderly including resources/referrals, anti-depressants, psychotherapy, hospitalization
- Strategies to overcome treatment barriers: identify top barriers outside our control that affect treatment outcomes and how to overcome them
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Call Erik Sundquist, Founder and Director, Safe Harbor Christian Counseling at