Safe Harbor Christian Counseling Services
COUPLES COUNSELING INTENSIVES
Intensives are customized to meet the needs and budget of each couple and typically take place over a 1-2 day period. During this time, the couple meets with a specialized couples counselor for several hours per day and works on some assignments on their own as well.
Couples have the opportunity to gain personal insights, work on dynamics of the relationship, and build a spiritual foundation for their relationship. The counselor strives to offer a safe haven for each couple that facilitates emotional, physical, and spiritual intimacy. Various interventions are directed towards increased communication skills, deeper understanding of one another, conflict resolution, and spiritual oneness.
Intake Process: Contact our intake staff at 800.305.2089 to learn more about Couples Intensives to see if it is the right service for you and your partner. At this time, you will be set up to take The Gottman Relationship Assessment, so that your counselor has these reports in advance. Fees will be discussed at this time as well.
Format: Our couples intensives are offered in 1/2 day, full day, and 2-day formats.
Duration: Couples have the option to come for a one-time Couples Intensive or a series of Couples Intensives spread out over a longer period of time. Many couples choose to "jump start" couples therapy by beginning with a Couples Intensive; and then, continuing with weekly or bi-weekly appointments with the same counselor.
Tools: One of the tools utilized is The Gottman Relationship Assessment.
Locations: Safe Harbor offers Couples Intensives in many locations. Many couples find it helpful to do an intensive in a location further from their home as it serves as a "retreat" that enables for greater focus.
Overview of the Couple's Intensive:
- Customized for each couple
- Typically takes place over a 2-day period (can be more days or less)
- Utilize The Gottman Relationship Checkup
- Goal is to enhance intimacy: emotionally, physically, spiritually
- Includes learning skills related to communication and conflict resolution, as well as building the relationship into a Safe Haven
Advantages of an intensive vs. traditional therapy:
- Allows couples to get more assistance in a shorter period of time
- Core issues are addressed in more depth and uncovered in a more timely manner
- Couples don't usually leave in despair after the first session as there is ample time to arrive at some solutions
- Fits better into the schedules of busy couples
- There is ample time to work on the issues uncovered instead of the classic "let's pick up here next week!"
Couples may also schedule intensives by calling Safe Harbor at 1-800-305-2089.