INTRODUCING ART THERAPY
for children, adolescents, and families
with Susan Sisk-Price, MAT, ATR-BC, LCPAT
Children often have difficulty expressing how they feel, or even knowing how they feel. Creative self-expression offers them an outlet through images, stories, and metaphors.
Art Therapy is an effective treatment option for most mental health issues.
We can help ages 4-18 and families.
Art Therapy is effective with adolescents who are unable or unwilling to verbalize thoughts and feelings.
Family Therapy, using Art Assessments, helps to clarify family member's roles and perceptions of each other. It is also a useful mode of expression and communication. Susan utilizes Art and Play therapy techniques and interventions to facilitate the healing process, and a humanistic, client centered approach to therapy.
Art Therapy offers:
- a way to bring order out of chaos
- a means to discover both the self and the world
- encouragement for self-discovery and emotional growth.
- a vehicle for expression of fears, wish fulfillments, and fantasies, as well as concrete expressions of therapeutic goals
- avenues for dealing with frustrations and impulses
- an aid in developing communication skills to enhance a person's self-worth
Susan's Areas of Expertise
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Abuse
- Social Skills
- Attachment Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
"Every person is born with the power to create. This power is of the spirit and through it's use, one awakens and grows." (Cane, 1983).
Make An Appointment
If you would like to make an appointment with Susan, call Safe Harbor Christian Counseling at 1-800-305-2089.
Susan has office hours at our North East, MD office located at 206 Mechanics Valley Road and our
Elkton, MD office at 290 Whitehall Road.