Brian Griswold, LGPC
Brian Griswold comes to Safe Harbor Christian Counseling with 24 years of pastoral experience. Loyola's strong clinical emphasis gives him the opportunity to integrate his spiritual and theological understanding with his work as a Therapist.
Brian's areas of focus are: sexual addiction, anxiety, anger management, relationship issues, couples counseling, clergy issues, ADHD, and parenting.
As a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, his goal is helping you see a hope and a future that is worth living, by uncovering the lies that have ruled your behavior and thinking and replacing them with the truth. While we cannot change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to repair relationships, dysfunctional thinking, and broken ways of living in the present.
Brian leads a Celebrate Recovery group on Monday nights at Trinity Church in Lutherville, MD. See the Sexual Addiction Track for more information.
Brian currently works in the Towson, Lutherville, and Rosedale, Maryland, offices.
Education and Licensure
- LGPC with the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Nationally Certified Counselor
- Masters in Pastoral Counseling from Loyola University
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from Southern Connecticut State University
- Certified Facilitator for Prepare-Enrich pre-marriage and marriage assessments
- Four Units of Clinical Pastoral Education while at Hasbro Children's Hospital and Hospice of Rhode Island
- Diploma in Ministry Studies from Zion Bible College